Thursday 16 February 2017

Total Justice Black Lightning with Electrobolt Strike Cannon

Total Justice was a line of action figures made by Kenner starting in 1996. It is remembered for its extreme poses and bizarre "fractal armour." Wave 3 came out in 1997 though I didn't acquire Black Lightning until recently.

Black Lightning is DC Comic's first African-American superhero, he was created in 1977 by Tony Isabella and Trevor Von Eeden and had a very 70's-tastic costume complete with an Afro wig/mask combo. This figure depicts Jefferson Pierce in his second costume which debuted in his 1995 series and is just as much a product of its time as the original. (Though lacking 90's-riffic pouches and unnecessary belts)







Fractal Armour and Electrobolt Strike Cannon




The clip on armour pieces are gloriously tacky but I definitely prefer the figure on its own. I felt the same about the other Total Justice figures I bought off the shelves back in the 90's but those will have to be rescued from my dad's place next time I visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review by ISMOTU himself.